The Active Adult Program provides activities, excursions, day trips and special events for the older adult, 55 plus, in the community.
Activities / Day Trips & Travel
There is something for everyone! Do you like bingo, playing cards or mah jongg? Feeling a little more active? Play pickleball, basketball or join a Silver Sneakers class. Feeling adventurous? Register for one of the weekly day trips to a museum, a hike in the mountains, a show at the Buell Theatre or a Rockies game just to name of few. To see a complete list of activities look in the Pelican Perch (PDF), Activity Guide or register online now.
Times and dates are subject to change.
The following recurring activities are $3 for non-members and $1 for members (note: those using Silver Sneakers will be charged at the member rate):
- 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Auxiliary Gymnasium, Windsor CRC
- Pickleball (indoor):
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
- 9:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
- Main Gymnasium, Windsor CRC
- Pickleball (outdoor):
- Outdoor Courts: Six courts are located at Main Park at 300 Locust Street. Courts are open to the public for drop-in during regular park hours. Courts are only available to rent from April through October. Reservations can be made with the front desk of the Windsor CRC. Call 674-3500.
- Outdoor Court Rentals: $6 per hour if you want to reserve a specific date/time or drop in for free if you don't need a specific date/time reserved.
- Current Outdoor Court Schedule
Friendly Fork Café
Lunch is served at the Community Recreation Center, located at 250 North 11th Street, in the east parking lot, as curb side pickup only. This is a great opportunity to socialize with friends and get your lunch to go! These weekly lunches are sponsored by the Weld County Area Agency on Aging. This program offers a well-balanced meal at a great price.
Reservations are required by 10 am one business day before meal service. Please call 970-674-3500 to make your reservation.
- Lunch is served Monday thru Friday
- Curb side pickup is 11:00 - 11:30 am each day (east parking lot)
- Ages 60 years & over: $4
- Ages 59 & under: $11.25
- Blood Pressure Screenings: 10:30 am on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Wednesdays of the month (NOTE: currently on hold)
- Shootin' Pool: 12:30 to 3:30 pm on Tuesdays
- Coffee Club:
Monday thru Friday from 7:30 to 10 am in the Evergreen Room. (NOTE: currently on hold)
Active Adult Lounge
Enjoy this quiet, warm and cozy space for playing cards, reading, shooting pool, playing ping pong or just hanging out. It's free of charge if you are 55 or older. The room is available any time the Recreation Center is open. Senior groups are welcome as well. Does your group play cards? Does your book club need a place to meet? Knit? Scrapbook? Puzzles? Shoot Pool?
Call Jay at 970-674-3515 for more information about setting up a regular time to utilize the Active Adult Lounge for your group. Depending on the circumstances, a fee may be applied to some groups.