- Special Events
The Town of Windsor offers a multitude of special events for you and your family throughout the year. Check out the events calendar or view the Activity Guide for more information.
Are you interested in hosting a private events at one of our parks? Do you want more information about sponsoring an existing town event? For more information contact Windsor's Recreation Coordinator via email for special events and sponsorship.
Food Trucks & Mobile Vendors
Windsor has many events that present opportunities for mobile food vendors to sell their products. In order to be eligible to sell at Windsor events, you must be an approved vendor with all necessary licenses and complete an application. For information on licensing in Weld County, visit the Weld County Environmental Health Services website.
Food vendors chosen to sell at Windsor Parks, Recreation and Culture events will depend on experience, variety of options and other factors. We limit the number of food vendors at events based on event size. To be considered for Windsor events, please fill out the application and staff will contact you.
Special Event Planning
Whether you're planning a parade, a festival, a 5K run or just a neighborhood block party, the Town of Windsor would like to help you make your event possible.
The best place to start the Special Event Application process is by downloading the Special Event Guidelines (PDF). Here you will find the answers to all your questions relating to hosting a special event in Windsor.
Events in Windsor are assigned a fee based on several factors, including attendance, duration of alcohol service (if applicable) and impacts to the community. All events will also pay a $100 application fee and a $500 refundable damage deposit.
Please refer to the Special Event Guidelines (PDF) for fees related to your event.
The Application Process
- Step 1: Do I Need a Permit for My Event?
- Step 2: Determine Which Permit Your Event Needs
- Step 3: Special Event Application Process
Answering a few simple questions will help you determine if you need to apply for a Special Event Permit:
- Is the anticipated attendance 100 or more?
- Will there be alcohol consumption or sales?
- Will you have vendors at the event who are selling goods or services (like a yoga class)?
- Will you be using amplified sound, other than a small, personal speaker for announcements?
- Will your event close or change the traffic pattern of a street or alley?
- Will your event impact the public use of a park or natural resource?
- Will you be using any temporary structures, like tents (larger than 10x10), bleachers, blow up structures or stages?
If you answered "yes" to any of the questions from Step 1, you will most likely need to apply for and obtain a Special Event Permit (Step 3).
If you answered "no" to all of these questions, you will most likely not need a special event permit and can follow the Shelter and Facility Rentals steps.
Shelter & Facility Rentals
Park shelters, pavilions and the Community Recreation Center are managed by the Manger on Duty via email or at 970-674-3500. To rent the Art and Heritage Center, please contact our Culture Supervisor via email.
Fill out a Special Event Application (PDF).
For your event to be approved please submit the following:
- Applicant and Sponsoring Organization Information (Form Number 1)
- Event Details and Summary (Form Number 2)
- Special Event Rules and Regulations (Form Number 3)
- $100 application processing fee
- $500 refundable damage deposit
Submission of the above will hold a space on our events calendar, but does not guarantee approval of your event until the following is submitted as well:
- Complete and submit remaining forms depending on your specific event and all fees no later than 90 days before your event.
- Your event is not approved until all required forms are submitted, all fees paid, and you have received notification of approval for your event. You will be notified no more than 15 working days after the application is submitted if additional information is needed.
- Once your application is reviewed by all departments and approved, a permit for your event will be issued by the Special Event Supervisor.