July 4th Activities
Celebrate Fourth of July with the Town of Windsor!
Fireworks are expected to return to Boardwalk Park for on-site viewing this year with weather and safety precautions permitting.
Fireworks will launch at approximately 9:10 pm.
Non-motorized boating will be allowed; permitted boaters using non-rented watercraft can be on the water until 8 pm.
Boat rentals on Windsor Lake will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for those who pre-register online at recreationliveshere.com/RecReg.
Motorized boating will not be permitted.
Several hours before the display, the North Section of the Windsor Lake Trail, including the dog swim beach, will be closed in preparation of the event.
Starting at 7:00 am, Fifth Street North of Main Street will be closed to the public and designated as handicap parking. Additional parking space located in the Windsor Lake parking lot located off of Birch Street, along with loading and unloading zone.
Turn lanes at 6th and 7th will be closed at 7 a.m.
To help ensure a safe Fourth of July celebration, the public is asked to respect the following:
- No glass is permitted in parks.
- Charcoal grills are prohibited, as well as gas grills more than 200 square inches and tanks weighing more than 1 pound or 16 ounces.
- Follow physical distancing guidelines and stay at least 6 feet apart from others; wash your hands frequently.
- Pets must be on leash at all times. For your pet’s comfort, it is recommended to leave them at home during the fireworks display.
- Personal fireworks are never permitted within town limits and are subject to a $510 fine.
- Parking along Highway 257 is illegal.
- Please note, the Town of Windsor does not allow smoking or vaping in our parks, trails, or natural areas except within a parking area.