Best of the Best
The Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA) is the only national accreditation for parks and recreation agencies and is a measure of an agency’s overall quality of operations, management and service to the community. This mark of distinction indicates that an agency has met rigorous standards related to the management and administration of lands, facilities, resources, programs, safety and services.
Windsor Parks, Recreation & Culture has joined the ranks of elite parks and recreation agencies across the country by earning accreditation through the CAPRA and the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA). This distinguished accomplishment was awarded during the 2023 NRPA Annual Conference in Dallas, Texas.
Applying for accreditation involves a formal application, self-assessments, a site visit by a team of trained volunteers that results in a written report, and culminates with a hearing with the commission to grant accreditation. Once accredited, the agency must uphold the standards by submitting an annual report which is reviewed again in five years.
Windsor Parks, Recreation & Culture is proud to have achieved this accreditation and is committed to bringing exceptional recreation experiences to the community.
Benefits of Accreditation
For the Windsor community:
- Demonstrates that the agency meets national standards of best practice.
- Recognizes the community as a great place to live.
- Helps secure external financial support and reduce costs for the community.
- Holds the agency accountable to the public and ensures responsiveness to meet their needs.
- Ensures that all staff are providing quality customer service.
- Proves to decision makers, stakeholders and the public that the agency is operating with the best practices of the profession.
- Increases credibility and can improve internal and external funding.
- Improves overall operations and increases efficiency.
- Enhances staff teamwork and pride by engaging all staff in the process.
- Creates an environment for regular review of operations, policies and procedures, and promotes continual improvement.
For more information, visit the National Recreation and Park Association website.
Community Recreation Center
250 N 11th Street
Windsor, CO 80550
Hours of Operation
Mondays through Fridays, 5am-9pm
Mondays through Fridays, 5am-8pm
Play features/slide on at 10am
Additional Pool Closures
Mondays through Thursdays, 5-7pm
Closed on Major Holidays